Performax Labs bring you their amino acid performance powder called EaminoMax which contains all the essential amino acids, L-Carnitine L-Tartrate, HICA, Coconut Water extract, sodium and potassium for a complete intra workout formula!
The number one factor that affects your body composition and athletic performance is training. The number one factor that affects training is your nutrition, and part of any complete nutrition plan is appropriate supplementation. It should come as no surprise that protein is the most important single nutrient to consider, but did you know that proteins quintessential importance is due almost entirely to its essential amino acid (EAA) content? EAAs are pound-for-pound more effective for increasing and maintaining muscle mass than protein! They’re also effective for increasing muscle protein synthesis without adding calories to help attain a lean and muscular physique. EAminoMax contains all 9 of the essential amino acids, including 3 grams of leucine. EAminoMax is much more than just an EAA supplement with 2 open-label blends to optimize performance and hydration.
- L-Leucine – The most important amino acid triggers muscle protein synthesis at an optimal dose of 3 grams.
- Essential Amino Acids – At a dose of 7 grams, the EAAs in EAminoMax are as effective as a full serving of whey protein for enhancing body composition and recovery.
- L-Carnitine L-Tartrate – Carnitine improves endothelial function, increasing blood flow, nutrient delivery, and clearance of metabolic waste to keep muscles powerful and running clean.
- HICA – This leucine metabolite is a powerful anti-catabolic agent, capable of reducing soreness and increasing lean mass.
- Hydration Blend – Coconut water plus additional electrolytes in sodium and potassium chloride keep the active body hydrated to ensure proper metabolic function and reduce cramping.
Essential amino acids are called essential because they help you recover from training the right way. After a few days, nobody remains sore and unrecovered, but it’s the EAAs that make sure the repair process results in more than just a subsiding of muscle soreness. EAminoMaxprovides the EAAs necessary to come back stronger and stronger after each and every training session; the carnitine to improve blood flow and the amount of EAAs that make it to the muscle; HICA to reduce the breakdown of newly attained lean mass; and electrolytes to replace those lost during grueling workouts. If you intend to keep training hard, correct supplementation is key, and EAminoMax is an essential part of a supplement regime!
Essential Amino Acids
The Essential Amino Acids, or EAAs, are essential because the body must obtain they from the diet in complete proteins or EAA supplements. The essential amino acids are entirely responsible for the anabolic effects of protein.
- A study comparing 18g of EAA vs. 18g of EAA + 22g of non-EAA found no differences in muscle protein synthesis, indicating that only EAA are responsible for improving protein synthesis (Volpi et al., 2003).
- Borsheim et al. (2002) demonstrated that as little as 6g of EAA increase nitrogen retention and foster lean mass gains.
- Research by Bohe and colleagues (2003) have found that maintaining high concentrations of amino acids in the blood is more important than increasing intramuscular amino acid concentrations. This means that if your goal is to build muscle, frequent consumption of EAA is very important.
Carnitine is renowned for its role in fat metabolism, but carnitine is also an excellent supplement for recovery.
- A recent review on carnitine supplementation supports its use for enhancing blood flow, reducing fatigue, decrease soreness, increase muscle mass, and decrease body weight (Fielding et al., 2018).
- In men, carnitine increases the number of muscular androgen receptors to enhance the action of testosterone and improve gains from resistance exercise (Kraemer et al., 2006).
- An investigation on supplemental carnitine at 2 grams per day found that the supplement can increase oxygen consumption, which means more reps before fatigue sets in (Spiering et al., 2008)!
α-hydroxyisocaproic acid (HICA), or leucic acid, is a metabolite of the most important amino acid for muscle anabolism, leucine. Leucine’s other metabolic fate is HMB, and HICA has similar effects.
- HICA has been observed to significantly inhibit proteolysis (the breakdown of protein) in muscle tissues (Tischler et al., 1982).
- Supplementing 1.5g of HICA per day has been found to increase whole body lean mass gains after just 4 weeks (Mero et al., 2010).
- During a period of immobilization and disuse atrophy due to injury, HICA was found to be more effective than leucine for maintaining anabolism and speeding recovery Lang et al., 2013).
Coconut Water Extract
Coconut water is rich with electrolytes and other bioactive nutrients to promote proper hydration and keep muscles functioning and full.
- Coconut water, as true coconut water and as a powder reconstituted in water, was just as effective as common, sugar-laden sports drink for rehydrating athletes (Kalman et al., 2012).
- A similar investigation found coconut water to have a less negative impact on gastrointestinal distress than sports drinks (Saat et al., 2002).
Electrolytes Sodium & Potassium
Sodium is the primary extracellular ion, and potassium is the primary intracellular ion. Together, they maintain electrochemical gradients across cell membranes.
- Beverages with greater potassium than sodium have been found to better promote rehydration than those with more sodium (Tai et al., 2014).
- The same study found that the greater potassium content of the amino acid beverage promoted intracellular hydration.
- Sodium has been observed as necessary to retain body fluids. After sweating, drinking fluids without sodium only increases urine volume, but including sodium promotes body rehydration (Shirreffs et al., 1996).
Mix 1 scoop with 350-700ml of cold water and consume during your workout
Serving Size: 15g
Per 15g Serving (1 Scoop)
Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial flavours, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Red #40 (Blackberry Lemonade), FD&C Yellow #6