Although approximately half of all pregnancies occur ‘accidentally’, for many women their conception journey can be complex and frustrating.
However, as numerous studies have shown, women can drastically improve their chances of becoming pregnant by ensuring they are consuming the recommended daily allowance of key vitamins and minerals.
Whilst the NHS recommends women take two specific supplements when attempting to get pregnant - Folic acid (Vitamin B9) and Vitamin D - it is essential that you aren’t deficient in any of the other essential vitamins your body requires.
That’s why Supplement Needs has created Fertility+. This is a transparently dosed, high-quality blend of 27 essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that have been designed to complement maternal wellness.
What are fertility supplements?
Fertility supplements - as the name suggests - are supplements that are designed to provide your body with the essential vitamins your body requires to support egg health.
As a minimum, fertility supplements should include efficacious doses of the vitamins Vitamin D, Vitamin B9, and Vitamin C (although it is good to look for other B complex vitamins within the supplement, too).
Minerals to look for in fertility supplements include Magnesium and Zinc.
How can you boost your fertility?
Aside from consuming a healthy diet and ensuring your body is receiving the recommended daily intake of essential vitamins, there are a number of other things you can do to boost your chances of conception. These include:
- Ceasing smoking.
- Stopping drinking alcohol.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Monitoring your ovulation.
- Reducing stress.
- Having regular sex throughout your cycle.
- Exercise (within reason).
- Staying hydrated.
If you do have concerns about your fertility, please speak to your GP.
What to look for in a fertility supplement
As you’ll soon discover when you begin searching for fertility supplements, there are hundreds to choose from.
So, we don’t blame you for not knowing where to start!
If you want to ensure you select the very best fertility supplement for your conception journey, then look for the following things:
- Transparently dosed - this is arguably the most important thing to look for. Any fertility supplement you choose should be completely transparent about the ingredients it contains. If not, you can never be entirely sure it contains what it claims to.
- Good Manufacturing Practice - any supplement you buy should have been made in line with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards. This will ensure you’re buying a safe and efficacious product.
- Credentials - who is behind the supplement you are buying? Any fertility supplement you purchase should have been developed by a properly experienced and credentialed expert.
Here at Supplement Needs all of our supplements are designed, formulated and manufactured in line with the above points. Our product formulator is Dr. Dean St Mart PhD - who holds a double first honours degree in chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry, as well as a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and fluorescence spectroscopy.
Where can I find more information on fertility supplements?
Supplement Needs has created an in-depth guide on What You Should Look for in Pregnancy Supplements. Read it now to find out more.